Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where have you been?!

For those of you who have been wondering where the heck I ended up after college, the answer is right above. After my brief stint in Brooklyn and longer than brief stay at home with the folks I ended up moving down to Tennessee. I had been searching for awhile at that point for a place to get my feet wet in the art field and to finally head out on my own. After a few failed attempts to move to back to Colorado and even possibly California(!), I had the opportunity pop up to come and intern at Funnypages Productions here in Franklin, TN. The owners of said art studio are Tom Bancroft and Rob Corley. These guys are former feature Disney animators who moved up here when Disney closed down their 2-D animation shop a few years back. They've worked on pretty much everything since Rescuers Down Under up till Brother Bear. We're pretty involved with children's illustration, character design, and a few other big projects I'm not supposed to talk about. So for the past year I've been doing grunt work like scanning, and supply runs as well as inking an entire children's Bible and helping on a few other projects. I've done a little freelance with them here and there and am trying to absorb what I can and become a better artist. It's not always easy. I've also been working at Borders Books to make an extra buck during the week. it's been an interesting year for sure, and it's nice to know that I'll be sticking around here for awhile longer. I'm in no mood to pack up and ship out to someplace new anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home